UK Visas, Citizenship and Settlement  

If you need to prove your knowledge of English to apply for a UK Visa, British Citizenship, Spouse Visa or Leave to Remain, you will need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT).

What is the ESOL A1 Test ?

Any applicant who wants to apply for a “Spouse” visa is required to show Knowledge of English at ESOL Entry Level A1 CEFR Level. 

In order to fulfil the requirement of Knowledge of Language, applicants need to obtain an (ESOL) at or above Entry Level 1 / A1 CEFR, which consists of “Speaking and Listening” modules only and is passed through an approved English Language Test. 

Please note that for “Spouse Visa” you do not require the “Life in the UK” Test. You only have to pass ESOL Entry Level 1 / A1 Test  Speaking and Listening modules.